Testing and tagging service Gold Coast
Guard against electrical accidents in the workplace with Pugin Power's professional test and tag service. Our licenced electricians can carry out the required electrical testing to ensure your business is electrically safe and compliant with Queensland's Test and Tag regulations. Speak to our team about booking your next electrical test and tag service today.
QUICK ELECTRICAL QUOTE
Test and tag regulations and frequency
Depending on the industry your business is in the frequency of test and tag servicing can vary from around 3 months to 5 years.
- Construction work - Portable / specified equipment - at least 3 monthly intervals
- Manufacturing - Portable / specified equipment connected to a safety switch - if electrical equipment is double insulated, at least every 12 months - if not double insulated, at least every 6 months
- Service work - Portable / specified equipment - at least 12 monthly intervals or connected to a safety switch
- Office work - Portable / specified equipment - at least 5 yearly intervals or connected to a safety switch
- Amusement work - Specified electrical equipment - if electrical equipment is double insulated, at least every 12 months -
if not double insulated, at least every 6 months and connected to a safety switch.
Amusement rides and devices - inspected and tested after each onsite assembly and every six months
- Rural industry work - All plug-in equipment - visual inspection before each use
Specified electrical equipment used under stated electrical risk factors - Either - test and inspect every 12 months or protect with a safety switch.*
Note - Individual businesses may choose to carry out testing and tagging more frequently.
What happens during a test and tag service?
During the test and tag service, each piece of electrical equipment will undergo a visual inspection for signs of wear or damage. The equipment or appliance is then electrically tested to ensure there is no risk of electrical shock or fire danger posed by the item.
If an electrical item fails testing it must be taken out of use until electrical repairs are carried out. Safe equipment will be tagged with a coloured tag identifying when the next test and tag is due.
Test and tag Gold Coast
Pugin Power's test and tag services cover the whole Gold Coast including Robina, Nerang, Southport, and Burleigh Heads. Book in your next inspection on 1300 150 753 or complete our service request form today.
*Ref - worksafe.qld.gov.au Aug 2016